Jean Challacombe, Ph.D. Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Consultant
B.S. in Pharmacology, Ph. D. in Neuroscience, Postdoctoral experience in Developmental Neurobiology, Cell Biology and Neuroanatomy. Coursework in Computer Science.
Jean has over 23 years of experience in Software Development, including C/C++, Client and Server-side Java, Perl, Python, R, scripting, database design and administration, RDBMS, SQL, Web-CGI applications, Unix and Macintosh system administration, cluster computing, software project management, and team leadership.
Jean’s 20 years of experience in Bioinformatics includes development of tools and algorithms for sequence data analysis, expression data analysis, genomic data processing and analysis, statistical analysis, clustering, classification, data visualization, variant analysis.
Experienced team leader with technical skills in comparative genomics and transcriptomics, bioinformatics pipeline development, host-pathogen interactions, bioinformatics algorithm and tool development, data science, metabolic pathway analysis and modeling, machine learning, assay design, NGS data analysis including RNA-Seq, metagenomes and metatranscriptomes.
Chanda Trivedi, Ph.D. Bioinformatics Research Scientist
B.S. in Forestry, M.S. in Forestry, Ph.D. in Microbial Ecology, Postdoctoral experience in Microbiome Science, Agricultural Science.
- Bioinformatic processing of high-throughput shotgun metagenomic and amplicon DNA sequence data.
- Multivariate and univariate statistical analysis related to metagenomics.
- Statistical analysis in R, SPSS, SAS.
- Molecular microbiology laboratory techniques including library preparation for Illumina sequencing, PCR, qPCR, TRFLP, DNA extraction, electrophoresis, DNA quantification.
- Soil and nutrient laboratory analysis techniques including nitrogen and phosphorus colorimetric assays, TOC/TN analysis, CHN analysis, nutrient digests, radioactive isotope analyses, HPLC,
basic soil assays, soil microbial catabolic response profiling, soil enzymes.
- Experimental design, plant growth and harvesting, plant in vitro culture
- Bacterial culture and transformation, manual dissection using microscope, LiCore measurements
- Lab management, budgeting, planning, problem solving, time and resources management
- Graphical design